Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Monday, April 21, 2008

My Pet Peeve!!! A Sorry ER Doctor

I am gonna gripe here...cause I know enough about the subject to be able to do it!!!!
Tom's leg looks awful and will leave a huge scar! Why? Because an ER Dr. is not concerned about what something looks like, just that they get you in and out. The funny part is, they weren't busy...too many people were sitting around...I did drop some hints...but it didn't help. As he went to sew Tom up, I dropped a few hints saying, "now I've seen good sutures and I've seen bad...so do a good job..." Well, when he pulled out a huge suture needle, I knew we were in trouble...First of all, he didn't do any tissue release. He should have went up under the edges of the cut and released the tissue so that when he went to pull the edges together, there wouldn't be so much pressure against it...It wasn't cleaned like it should have been... He put about 9 sutures in Tom's leg, and truly, it should have had about 20-30. He said he wanted it to drain...well, I have seen nasty, nasty cuts that were sown right and they looked almost perfect when sown together...no need for drainage cause they were cleaned good...A previous Dr. that I worked for did an awesome job at suturing and no one else that I have seen has done such a good job...so that is why I am so picky...and I hate sloppy work....

No comments: