Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Confidence vs Over -Confidence

What is confidence?? The dictionary describes it as below...
a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances
b : faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way
CONFIDENCE stresses faith in oneself and one's powers without any suggestion of conceit or arrogance .
ASSURANCE carries a stronger implication of certainty and may suggest arrogance or lack of objectivity in assessing one's own powers .
Now can you have too much confidence??
What is my status here?
With me taking an active part in the family reunions, I probably am too confident....Seeing that both branches of my family tree have alot of confidence, stubborness, and self assurance. No one I meet or work with or see on a daily basis would describe me as under confident.
Does this mean I am a bad person? I think you can have too much and I have that problem...unfortunately, the Mullins genes and the Richards genes run thick.
For most people this would be a good thing...but then when something comes up, and everything is not going right, then everyone thinks I should handle it in stride with no pain, no hurt, no heartache, etc. I have no doubt even sitting here tonight that I can do whatever I put my mind to. That is NOT a good thing...cause nobody else can see or believe that...
I am rambling, I know, I am just depressed... Didn;t get a job I applied for and thought I could do an awesome job at it, but....oh well, life goes on...especially for everyone else...and they think it should do on for me...It will...

No comments: