Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sweet Bye and Bye

I was at the piano Sunday Morning just playing a song between Sunday School and Worship service...I usually don't try to stress too much over the song choice...don't want something too slow or too fast...just something that will feel peaceful, yet get people ready to worship and in the right frame of mind...so I picked Sweet Bye and Bye...just because it fit the criteria and it was among the first songs I turned to...
It was a real blessing to Mr. Mitchell and he cried and worshiped while I was playing...nothing that I done, but God had obviously let me pick that song on purpose...so as I was watching him, I started concentrating on the words...and it was just such a blessing how that a song that you know by heart and have heard all your life can still touch your heart...The part that touched me was...
And our spirit shall sorrow no more....not a sigh for the blessings of rest...in the sweet bye and bye, we shall meet on that beautiful shore...in the sweet, bye and bye, we shall meet on that beautiful shore...
So then I started thinking how awesome the words were...I mean, how many times do we want peace...rest for our soul...and the song says not a "sigh"for the blessings of rest...and then the other phrase...And our spirit shall sorrow no more...oh, how my spirit sorrows lately...I have said several times that I just don't think I can handle more of it...(there are so many prayers that are going up for me, I am doing alot better this week...thank you so much...) but in the sweet by and by, we will not have a even a sigh for the blessing of rest...
Wow! it is amazing at the penmanship of the author, but more importantly the spirituality of it...
I do love praise and worship music, but I am positive that as far as wording, there is nothing that beats the old hymns.

No comments: