Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Contentment, Psalms 23

I actually found this journal entry that I wanted to post here...It is from my Bible Study Journal that I had back in 1992... Pretty cool to go back and read about it...

Friday Nov. 21st, 1992 9:43am

Psalms 23 is gradually becoming my favorite verse in the Bible after I heard Phil Kidd preach and a lady in NC at Sally's church speak on it...

The first verse: The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. That is being content with being a Christian, content with what you are. Not wanting anything else in the world or from another "bad shepherd" We shouldn't lust after Satan's playthings. but be satisfied and happy with who we are.

2nd Verse: He maketh me to lie down in green pastures... Jesus gives us food so that we CAN "lie down in peace. Sheep must be 1) not afraid of anything before they can lie down. 2) they must be content 3) they must trust thier Master. We must trust Jesus that he will take care of us when trouble comes.

...He leadeth me beside the still waters. Sheep are very timid creatures. They must have still waters to drink from though it must not be stale. We must be able to trust that our Shepherd will guide us where we belong.

The lady said it was a book written by a sheperd. I'm gonna try to find that book...
{I did find the book and it became one of my favorite...It is entitled "A Shepherd's Look at Psalms 23" It is pretty old...I think the Author is Phillip Kelley...very good book!}

No comments: