Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Saturday, January 12, 2008

This week and Vet Visit

WEll, so much for wanting to post every day...!!! LOL, I knew I wouldn't get to do it! But anyway, here I am on a Sat night, the kids have went to a friends house for the night, Tom is in the bed, I am sitting here by the fireplace with a good warm blanket on my legs and just being peaceful!! I love time alone!
Let's see...I did have a horrible migraine headache on Wed.and Thursday Tom is in revival and I didn't get to go on these two nights. I didn't work on Wednesday cause I couldn't lift my head off the pillow.
My thoughts for this week...1) Who am I gonna vote for in the upcoming election?? I have been trying to catch the news and talk radio on the nominees... 2) Who am I to judge other people...I can compare my spiritual life to others and get the idea that I am better than them...but then I compare myself to God and all I can say is "Woe is me"...that was actually a devotional from one day last week, that won't leave my mind...taken from Isaiah 6;5 3)The dog is growing...Thank God for that...Let me explain: Last week, we took her to the vet and the vet is very surprised at how little she was...something is definitely wrong, she says...Morgan immediately tears up... so it turns out, the dog weighs only 6 pounds. She is 3 months old and should weigh around 25-30 pounds. She does bring out her English Mastiff from the back room and he is 5 months and he comes above my knee...huge!!! Obviously she has a major heart murmur...the vet suggests we call the breeder and get her sent back. Well, I know that one thing my family can't bear is to loose two dogs in one month!!! Morgan is crying on me and fortunately, I didn't have Luke with me. We agree to go ahead and give her her immunizations, worm medications, etc...and we pray. Morgan and I just pray, right there in the vet's office. Cause we know God can handle the doggie's illness too...cause He said he would supply our wants...and he is The Comforter...When I do get to tell Luke, he crys also...but not much, cause we tell him we are going to pray. Tom agreed to prayer is the answer. Well, we took her home, gave her the medication and her diarrhea stopped and she started growing...within one week, she has gained at least 3 lbs...I promise to post a picture of her soon.

No comments: