Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Getting Married

Well, gotta record this while it is still fresh on my mind...On Dec. 27th, Tom and I went to the court house and got our marriage license...meaning to get them to marry us there, then we would go to Pigeon Forge... Well Surprise surprise...they don't marry people at the courthouse in my county...?? What? For Real? She said very nicely, "were you all planning on doing it today?" Yes,.. "well, you'll have to find someone to do it."  So luckily, Tom had a minister buddy that he wouldn't mind... so we called him.  He said, I'm in my jeans..  Tom said, Im in mine too!!! Lol...He then mentioned that he ws the only one at home, so we needed to find a witness... Called Tim my brother who was at work close to the minister's house and he left for a few minutes to come witness it. 

So we are standing in front of the minister, he has his Bible...he says "I don't have my ceremonial book with me, so I have written some things down, I hope that's ok...?"  Of course... so he looks at his Bible/paper and says, "Well gosh, you all have been thru this before and know what all God says about marriage, I don't need to go thru any of this... Tom, do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold, to cherish and to love and to blah blah blah"  Tom said I do.  He asked me the same and said you may kiss your bride!!! LOL So in about a minute and a half, we were married!!!




No comments: