Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Daily Praying for my Children...Justice

Today, the character trait that I want to pray for my children is Justice...I want God to help my children love justice as HE does and to act justly in all they do...
Psalms 11:7 says For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Psalms 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Proverbs 21:3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
What is justice exactly? The "quality of being fair" is the simplest it can be put...I try to teach them to show kindness to the poor and treat them fairly as everyone else. If our kids see us as grown ups do things unfairly, they are the first ones to point it out to us. I like to explain to my children the reasons why a certain decision was made, that way, they understand and don't come up with their own concoctions in their head...To get somewhere in this world's work force, most often things are not fair...I see a woman frequently who has made it to the top of a company, but she has hurt tons of people to get there. Yet, she claims to be a Christian...
Alot of us adults want to be at the top...but can we get there the Christian way?

1 comment:

Counting my many Blessings said...

Hey Sherry are kids are watching us.....And so is everyone else...waiting for us to make a mistake....Good thing there is only One Perfect One....that's Jesus...I miss you all...Love Cindy