Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Comet Trail...

So, Haley's Comet passed by Earth between the year 1211 and 911 BC. Its tail is just now being seen on earth...which is way too cool....so last night was the night that Earth was closest to it and able to view it the best. (or this morning, actually...) so we set our clocks for 6am, dragged a blanket, pillow and sleeping bag out on the porch, and laid down to watch the show...yes, it was around 30 degrees outside...but...the sky was so clear...it was the coolest thing to be lying there watching the sky...we actually saw between 7-10 streaks across the sky in the 40 minutes that we laid there...the only thing that got cold was my ears and Morgan's nose...LOL Lukas could not be still...kept wanting to raise up at every sound...I said..."Son, we are not worried about Monsters right now, please BE STILL!!!!!" LOL I think he ended up seeing only about 3 cause of his twisty turny butt!!!!! But overall, it was another memory made for them to remember...the morning we watched the sky in our warm sleeping bags on the porch....

so here is what I found on a website...look up Haley's Comet for more info...

The annual Orionid shower, so-called because it appears from the direction of the constellation Orion, is created when earth passes through trails of debris floating through space.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I wish I would have known!! I love that kind of stuff! Glad you guys got to see it though!

Kristi said...

Hey Sherry! This comment has nothing to do with this post, but I just wanted to let you know that you ALL are in my prayers. I read on FB about your dad and it breaks my heart! Cancer is such an evel thing and there is no one on this earth that should have to live with it! I'm here if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, and you know I mean it from the bottom of my heart! Love you bunches!!!!!