Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Monday, October 15, 2007

CTF number 8

I am sitting here at work, so sleepy, I can barely function. I attended my 8th Croptoberfest this past weekend. We got home at 3pm, and I went to bed and slept till 8:00 last night, woke up to see the family, then went back to bed at 11:30 and slept all night. I felt like I could have slept all day long this morning.

As usual, we had a blast and I felt sad to leave. I have come to know most of the gals there like family. It is so good to catch up on their lives and share joys, disappointments and trials with each of them that they have gone thru over the past year. We do get to see how their kids have grown and get to share motherly advice on raising them. We always like to reminisce about past years and the things that happened. Like the night the lights went out for 2 hours right after 9-11. I just knew terrorist had come to the mountain to kill us all… I think that bonfire meeting made us all cry just being thankful to live in America.

I just think it is so awesome how ladies from all over the state got on a yahoo group along time ago and now are just very good friends. People cringe sometime when I say, yeah, I met these ladies on the internet. But they have no idea how much it means to get away from family, job, phone, internet, clocks, husbands, etc. It is just one awesome experience…I love it!

Can't wait till next year, cause it will be the 10th anniversary of CTF.

1 comment:

The Parker Family said...

I MISSED being there...next year will rock!
Love you!!!! Send me an email with a few of those stories!