Psalms 61;2b

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hiking at Horse Creek

( Forgot to post on date this happened in the summer...)Today, after sleeping till 2pm, me, Helen, and the girls go hiking.   Parked at end of Horse Creek Rd in the parking area, got out of the car, walked straight in front of the car to the creek. I began to explain to the girls how to 'creek walk'. You know, like how to steady your foot, check the rock for stability before putting all your weight on it, etc. And within 2 min, I fell in slow motion, right into the creek!!!!! Got wet all the way to my shoulders😄😄😄😄😄... I literally die laughing at myself and forget my hipbag is still in the water with my phone in it😒 Took lots of pictures, the girls built a rock statue, had a picnic by the creek... so much fun!!!!!
Shelbie leaned over a log dam in the creek and fell into 4 foot water! By the time I turned around, she was coming up to the top! Freaked us out! Jaida had screamed was the reason I even turned around!!!!!!
 They were so excited to see all the different plants and things in nature.  It was so good to take them along.
In the fall, we took a trip to Cumberland Gap... that was an awesome trip also... Will post pictures... we were worn out after that trip- it was strenuous at times and we ended up walking quite a distance.  Was able to be in 3 states at once... Where TN, VA and KY come together... so cool!